Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Would you please pray?

I am asking all of my bloggy friends to please pray for my brother-in-law, Dale. He is currently being transported to a hospital in Omaha, Nebraska. The doctors are unsure what is going on but they think he has an infection some where. He is running a fever and is in a lot of pain. Several years ago, he had a pancreas transplant that cured him of his diabetes. Thankfully, he is no longer a diabetic. However, he still has to deal with the damage the diabetes had already done. About a month ago, he was hospitalized with an infection in his foot. At this time, it was determined that he needed to start kidney dialysis. He has been on dialysis ever since. He needs a kidney transplant. He has several people who have volunteered to give him a kidney but the doctors can't even proceed with working him up for a transplant until they figure out what is going on right now. Will you please pray for Dale, the doctors, and for my sister, Pam. They have 2 young girls and this is putting a strain on all of them.



Claire with her Uncle Dale



My sister, Pam and her family



Will you remember Gary's sister, Marcia, as well. She is still in the hospital. She has been in the hospital for about 6 weeks now. It looked like she was improving and then all of a sudden she started running a fever and started having breathing problems again. She also has a very hard time eating. She was very discouraged with this set back. Pray that she can get on her feet again and go home soon.

Marcia and her husband Andrew with the kiddos


Thanks for praying. It has been a rough start to 2009 for my extended family. A lot of illness and hospitalizations. I am thankful that I don't have to rely on my own strength and understanding but can rest in God's care.

6 comments:

Margaret M said...

I will be sure that I pray for all of them tonight! You and your family are in my prayers as well. That is a lot to deal with at one time!

Sharla M. said...

Hi Robin,

Your family is having such a hard time right now, I'm so sorry. I will definitely be praying for Dale and Marcia...thank you for the pictures, it's nice to put a face with a name.

Hugs,
Sharla

trina said...

We will be praying for them. What a tough year you all have had. I'm sooooo sorry. Keep us posted. Hugs.

Mom Of Many said...

Praying for both Dale and Marcia. Jehovah Rapha is more than able.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Dear friend,

I somehow missed your request yesterday, so sorry. I will be lifting Dale and Marcia both up to our heavenly Father for healing, as Linn said, He is Able! Praying for peace for all of you, and for Marcia and Dale's familes as they weather this storm.

Love you,

Tina

Amie said...

Will be praying!
Hugs~Amie