Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday..

Today I am thankful for my paternal grandparents, George and Maxine, who are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. That's right, 70 years!


I am thankful that as a child I was surrounded by grandparents with strong, Christ filled marriages. What a blessing! I have fond memories of my grandma Maxine reading to me from her very worn Bible every day we were at her house and doing devotions each morning during breakfast.


I am also thankful that my maternal grandparents celebrated 65 years together before they passed away. These days it is unusual to see marriages that last and I have had the honor of seeing my maternal grandparents celebrate 65 years and now my paternal grandparents celebrating 70 years! I would be delighted to share that many years with my ever-lovin'!

My grandparents at our wedding in 1991.
George and Maxine & Doc and Joyce

Grandma Maxine with the kids at Christmastime

Grandma Maxine and Me (she is out of the hospital now)
Happy Anniversary, Grandpa and Grandma! I love you! Thank you for your example!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandparents. What a gift they gave to you--their lives and their love and their example in Christ!

Blessings,
Sarah