Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday and Prayer request updates..

This Thankful Thursday I am thankful

~ that my kids have tomorrow off from school. I am looking forward to spending time together and just having fun.

~ that tomorrow is Good Friday. How could I not be thankful that Jesus willingly died on the cross for ME. What totally blows me away is the thought that if I was the only person on earth that He would have still gone to the cross for ME.

~ that Easter is on Sunday. Christ's gift to us didn't end on the cross because 3 days later He rose again. My Saviour Lives, My Saviour Loves, My Saviour's always there for me!

~ that I had a great birthday on Saturday! I'll try to post some pictures later. Let's just say I was surprised with a cake and a pink boa!

~ that my brother-in-law, Dale, is out of the hospital. He did have an infection in his pancreas. They discovered it was the same infection that infected his foot; so it was a systemic infection not just isolated to his foot. He may have to go back to Omaha for 6 weeks of hyperbaric chamber treatment. I guess the high oxygen treatments will help his foot heal. He is still being worked up for a kidney transplant. Omaha is about 4 hours away from where he lives so he most likely won't be able to drive back in forth but instead stay in Omaha for the 6 weeks.

~ that Gary's brother and wife (who live in Georgia) are in Nebraska helping care for Marcia. Marcia is still in the hospital with breathing problems. She is going to have a tracheotomy put in tomorrow. She has to have a breathing machine at night because she stops breathing. Well, she has been fighting it and pulling it off and at the same time pulling out her feeding tube. Hopefully, the trach will help. Marcia is very weak and has a hard time speaking but she knows what is going on and has been very weepy and distraught. Gary and I will probably be going to Nebraska in the next couple of weeks to go help with Marcia and to give Gary's parents a break. Just 2 weeks ago she was up and walking around and had been moved to rehab so her condition has definitely gotten worse. Hopefully, this is just be a small bump in the road and she will be on the road to recovery soon.

~ that I have friends around the country that will lift up my family in their prayers.

I almost didn't do a Thankful Thursday post today. I was just going to post prayer request updates instead but I got to thinking that I still have things that I am thankful for despite the fact that my heart is heavy with concern for Marcia and Dale. I think it is important to remember God's provision especially when your heart is heavy. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Praying for Marcia and Dale.

And I am so very thankful for our precious Lord and the celebration of His resurrection this weekend!

Blessings,
Sarah