Saturday, April 11, 2009

Update on prayer request for Marcia..

Just wanted to post a quick update. We are in Nebraska right now. We got a call on Friday saying they had complications during Marcia's surgery and that she was on life support. We packed immediately and drove straight through to get here by 9:00 this morning. When we saw Marcia for the first time she was awake and was responding. She is still on a ventilator but she is maintaining her blood pressure on her own now. She is in ICU so we can't spend a lot of time with her but it is good to see her with our own eyes and be able to talk to her. Our trip took 17 hours but Gary and I switched drivers about every 2 hours and praise God we really didn't have to fight fatigue. However, at about 5:30 this morning we were driving on an empty road in Kansas and came upon deer across the roadway. We couldn't avoid hitting one. I think it was the biggest deer I had ever seen. We hit it head on at about 60 miles an hour. We have a lot of front end damage and we lost a headlight but we praise God for His protection. When I talked with my mom later she told me that she woke up at 5:30 with the urge to pray for us and so she did. I said "mom, that is when we hit the deer". We are so thankful that the car is still drivable and that we were not hurt. Claire was the only child awake at the time and she kept signing giraffe. I think she thought we hit a giraffe! I think she saw the deer fly in the air (believe me, I didn't know they could fly that high) but praise God because I think that is what kept it from flying into the windshield. Claire now signs to everyone that the deer broke our car. We don't know how long we will be here but thanks for your continual prayers.

4 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Oh my gracious! How we praise Almighty God for His supernatural protection. And to even keep you awake for all that time...wow! I am not a good "tired" driver. I know me good enough to assure you, "if I'm tired, my head is on the steering wheel" no matter how hard I try or where I have to get....

I am sorry Marcia is so bad. We will pray, but since I like praying specifically, maybe you could post some very specific things to pray for?? (just a thought)...Also please update (if possible) so we can pray you home too!

Love from Colorado...and could the return trip take you thru our sweet town (okay, I am not exactly a geography buff, but I do know that that would take a major detour so just so you know...I am just trying for a smile)..xo

Waitingfaithfully said...

Praying that Marcia continues to improve, and praying for Dale too. And also for rest for everyone.

So sorry about your van, yet so very grateful for God's protection over all of you--and for the prayers of a mom! It sounds like it could have been much worse. Claire will never look at a giraffe the same way again, will she? Sweet girl.

Thanks for the update.

Easter Blessings to all of you~

Love,

Tina

P.S. Happy belated b-day too, sorry I missed it. Maybe we could go out for lunch sometime to celebrate--you can wear your pink boa! :)

He is RISEN! He is risen INDEED!

Sharla M. said...

Oh Robin,

I'm so glad you and your family are ok...how scary!

Praying for Marcia...

Hugs,
Sharla

Sarah said...

Praying for you. I'm so glad that you everyone is okay. I'll continue to pray for Marcia.