Monday, March 30, 2009

Celebrating..

Today was a day of celebration at our house. Today was the day that we went to the county courthouse and officially readopted Claire in the state of Texas. She is now an official Texan and will be getting her Texas birth certificate very soon! We took the kids out of school early and invited our "adopted" grandparents from church to come to the courthouse with us. Our lawyer was wonderful and so was the judge. The judge had all of us raise our right hand and he swore us in. He then asked each of us one at a time if we wanted Claire to be in our family forever. All of the kids said definitely YES and they had big smiles on their faces! We took a lot of pictures and I don't think we will soon forget this day. I'm not sure Claire understood what was going on but someday she will be able to look back on the pictures and we can remind her about her special day! We celebrated after with lunch and ice cream!

The 4 kids before the court hearing - Brianna thought it was cool to highlight Claire

The judge's desk in the court room..

Please raise your right hand.. Do you promise to tell the truth..

Claire with Judge Sol Casseb III

The whole family with the judge..


The entire gang with the judge..

All of us posing in the hall of the courthouse

The door leading into the court room...

The family with our lawyer, Ms. Baker..
The boys outside the courthouse..the boys are too cool for court!
Claire showing that she can be cool too..
Like this mom, does this look cool?

Claire says " I would like to introduce the newest Texan! Yep, it's me!"

8 comments:

trina said...

She's a cute little Texan!! Very cute!

Waitingfaithfully said...

I thought about you guys today!
Congratulations Claire!
It looks like everyone had a great time, and made some happy memories. Great pictures Robin. Love Claire's "cool" look--and her dress!

Blessings to the newest Texan~

Tina

Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a cute dress for the occasion.
Blessings,
Sarah

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Love the dress--so glad we have one too! I think your lawyer is the same one that was recommended to me by another friend. When you have time, please send me an email all about the re-adopt thing. We'll be trying to do that in Texas too.
PS--Got some laundry stuff that got all the remnants of the horrible nosebleeds out of Katie's dress. Maybe she'll wear hers for the re-adopt too since she didn't wear it for the visa appt!
Love,
M

Carla said...

Very exciting, indeed!! We used the same lawyer!! But we went to court in December!! Do you live here, in town???

Congrats, Claire!!

Blessings,
Carla

Sharla M. said...

I love the red-white & blue!! What great photos... Congratulations!

Hugs,
Sharla

sierrasmom said...

Congratulations!!! What a special day for all of you!!!!
Kathie

Kathy said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I read a lot of your posts, but this was my favorite, so I decided to post my comment here. What an exciting day for all of your family! I am so happy for Claire, that she has a forever family, and for you, that you have Claire. I know that you have made our Father's heart glad by obeying His command to care for the orphan.

I came here from "A Place Called Simplicity", because I saw your comment that said your hubby was going with Dwight to Uganda. My son Justin is going on the same trip, and I am excited to hear about all that God will do on their trip. Justin and his wife Shauna are planning to adopt a couple of Ugandan orphans, so they are praying about what God would show them on this trip. I have been to Uganda a couple of times, and plan to go back long-term, so I love hearing about what God is doing in Uganda. I will be checking your blog to keep up with your family. Bless you!