Friday, March 6, 2009

Jumping on the bed..


I've had these thoughts milling around in my head since Claire's surgery. I decided to finally put them into words. My friend, Barbara, pointed this out to me on the day Claire had surgery and I just can't get the imagery out of my head.

On surgery day, we arrived at the hospital around 9:00 and basically hung out until it was time to go to the pre-op holding area. Claire was fine all morning and was playing around and interacting with everyone. However, that all changed the second we went into the pre-op area. Claire screamed and cried and just clung to me. She had her little arms wrapped so tight around my neck and she wasn't going to let go for anything. Soon after we entered the pre-op area they brought me some scrubs so I could go into the OR with Claire. Claire clung to Gary while I put them on. The minute she saw me with the scrubs on she was a completely different child. She no longer screamed or cried or clung to me. She started smiling and then jumping on the bed. We couldn't believe our eyes. You see, Claire had so much trust in her mama that all her fear was gone. She knew everything would be okay because mama was going with her. She was happy and waving at the doctor as we walked to the OR. Well, isn't that how we are supposed to be as Christians. When we become a part of God's family and put our trust in Him then we should be a different child as well. All of our fears should be gone and we should be wanting to jump on the bed with joy. Claire really taught me a lot that day about what it means to trust and to trust fully. If only, I will apply this lesson to my faith in Christ and let go of my fears and worry. John 16:33 states "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Yippee Jesus, this verse makes me want to jump on the bed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement Robin.I really needed to hear that today. In this world we will have trouble, but God has overcome this world! Amen!
Melissa

Margaret M said...

What a Beautiful Reminder! What a special lesson!

Sharla M. said...

What a wonderful post and incredibly challenging! I love the idea of "being a different child" because I trust Him so much! Thanks for sharing your heart!

Is Marcia still improving?

Hugs,
Sharla

Amie said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for the reminder!
btw- love the new blog look!

:)
amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this! God certainly is worthy of all of our trust, isn't He?!
Blessings,
Sarah