Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:

Dear sweet friends who rang our doorbell on Friday and surprised us with a visit! I provided childcare for their precious treasure for her first year of life and we have continued to stay in touch. This past summer they moved to Korea so it was a wonderful surprise to see them at my door! My big kids were excited to see little K again and little K's family got to meet Claire for the first time. They asked a lot of questions about adoption and I think a seed has been planted. I can't wait to see what God does with the seed now!



I am also thankful that Claire is recovering well from her surgery. The black eye is gone, the hives are gone, and she is slowly starting to sleep better.



Finally, I am thankful that my friend Melissa is so close to getting her little ladybug! Melissa's family is in Mongolia right now waiting to be interviewed by the adoption committee and then they should be able to see their ladybug that they have been waiting a long time for. Please pray for them. They have hit roadblock after roadblock along their adoption journey. Pray that all will go smooth in Mongolia so they can bring her home where she belongs.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad that Claire is recovering so well (and no more black eye or hives!!).

Praying for your friend, Melissa, and their sweet new addition.

Blessings,
Sarah

Margaret M said...

What a difference a week makes. Claire looks wonderful! I would love to share your blog with a family that I am working with here. Their daughter is getting her implant next week. I hope you don't mind and if you do, please let me know! Have a wonderful week!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Robin,

What a fun surprise to find your old friends at your door! The pictures are sweet!

So happy that Claire is sleeping better. She looks great.

Praying for Melissa, waiting on news along with you!

Blessings ~

Tina