Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

~March! They say if March comes in like a lion then it will go out like a lamb but what if March comes in with immigration approval papers in the mail? Does that mean, March will go out with us heading to the airport to pick up our son?! I hope so!

~New arrivals! By this I mean, our niece, Alisha, will be having her baby this month. I can't wait to meet and hold little Noah!

Doesn't Alisha look beautiful and very pregnant?!

~A successful basketball season! Brianna, Nicholas and Hunter played Upward basketball. They have played Upward for many years and we just love the program. Gary usually rotates coaching one of the kids. This year was Hunter's turn. I have to say that I am thankful for my honey. He is a wonderful coach! He was always positive and made sure the kids had fun. I witnessed many coaches who were way too serious about the game and not much fun in my book. The league is about winning souls for Christ with the help of basketball not win at all cost.

Hunter calling for the ball...
Hunter after his game...Claire always managed to work her way next to her sibling...somehow she always got snacks along with the team! I guess it is hard work watching 3 games a week!
Handsome coach, Gary, talking to the team after the game...Brianna waiting for the ball...
Brianna after her game...waiting for the stars...Nicholas dribbling the ball...
Nicholas after his game..boy he looks tired...

~Diapers! Yes, I am thankful for the diapers that I went out and bought this week. You know why? Because that means we are getting closer to getting Caleb home! Yippee Jesus! I am thankful to be buying diapers again after a 6 year hiatus!

~And finally, I am thankful for this family picture that Claire drew at church. Just so you know she drew the entire thing upside down. She was standing at the top of the paper and she drew it so I could see the people facing me! She also wrote the names backward with some letters facing me and some facing her. Going from right to left is Dad, Mom, Brianna, Nicholas, Hunter, Claire, baby and Caleb. I'm not sure who baby is? I asked her who was beside her and she said baby and Caleb. Maybe this is prophetic?? :) She then drew a church at the bottom of the paper. This is just precious to me, Claire has a family and she knows that she belongs and soon so will Caleb!


What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

What a wonderful Thankful Thursday post, I love it! Hooray for diapers--and Noah and Caleb on the way!! Hooray for B-Ball stars -all three, and sweet coaches. And I am loving Claire's picture, that is the best, and she did it upside down. Amazing! Great job Claire--great writing too!

I'm thankful tonight to have four of my five birds sleeping in my nest tonight. Taye is home for a couple of days-- Teddi's readopt is tomorrow!

Love you and miss you~

Tina

Waiting on word of your baby boy!

trina said...

"baby" must be Benjamin. Isn't that the name you were using NEXT? :) What a precious picture. I'm thankful for Claire and how she blesses all of us.
We have one more game and we are done! It's been fun.

Serving the King said...

Too precious!! Praying for March to be the month!!!

Sarah said...

What a precious picture!