Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

~My wonderful family who made my birthday so special!  My birthday was on Easter and I enjoyed it immensely, especially since all I wanted for my birthday was for Caleb to be home!  We spent my birthday weekend in Georgia with family.  However, my honey reminded me today that we hadn't gone out to celebrate my birthday yet.  So guess what?  They took me out to eat tonight!  Like I said I have a wonderful family!
Hunter, Nicholas and I
Daddy and Claire
Caleb and Brianna
~That Claire and Caleb are doing so well together.  I hoped and prayed that they would become buddies and have so much fun playing together.  Claire actually likes being a little mother to him but she is also sweet and plays outside with him.
Caleb watching Claire play on her leapster
Claire taking Caleb for a ride!
She used to only want to sit by Mommy at the table! :)
~For the adorable photo shoot we had today.  We took Caleb and got his picture taken and after some pleading coaxing, we finally got a smile out of him!  We needed professional pictures to send to Brittany's Hope.  This foundation provided a very nice grant toward the adoption expenses for Caleb.  With this being our 2nd adoption in 2 years those funds were greatly appreciated!  I will share the final results as soon as we get them back!

~For the sweet, silly personality that is coming out in Caleb!  He is such a cuddle bug and he loves to give kisses.  He also loves being silly and making us laugh!
~Finally, I am thankful for the Mother-Daughter retreat that Brianna and I are going on this weekend.  Gary says he can handle the home front so Brianna and I are heading to the beach!  I can't wait to connect one on one with Brianna.  I just love that girl!

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Serving the King said...

Awww, such a sweet post!! I am so happy to have had a chance to know you!! Have a great weekend with that precious girl!!

trina said...

The beach! I'm jealous. :) Happy Belated Birthday!! Caleb is so cute. Love him.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Great post Robin! Love the picture of you and Brianna--I hope you have a wonderful time on your retreat!

Have I mentioned yet that I think Caleb is really, really, really, really cute? So thankful that he is adjusting well, but I'm not surprised--knowing the love (and fun . . . and silliness) that he is surrounded by!!

Sure do miss you guys!

Love you,

Tina