Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This Thankful Thursday I am thankful for the precious memories that I made with Brianna last Saturday. We went to a Jonas Brothers concert together in Atlanta. It was bitter sweet because we weren't sure we were going to be able to go at all. You see, several months ago we bought tickets for their concert in Birmingham as an early birthday present for Brianna. She made us shirts to wear and we had been looking forward to this concert for a long time. Well, the week of the concert we got word about Gary's mom and we knew the concert wouldn't be possible to attend. We quickly found someone to give the tickets to because we couldn't stand the thought of the tickets not be used. At that time, we didn't know when we would be able to attend another of their concerts because those around us were already sold out. Well, as you can see, Brianna received the desire of her heart and God provided us with tickets for their concert in Atlanta the very next weekend. The last time I had checked the concert was sold out but we were able to find tickets 6 days before the concert and they were even better seats than we had before. So this Thursday, I am thankful that my ears were ringing for 2 days after the concert because that meant we were there and we were making memories!

We are ready for the concert!!


Brianna signing one of the tour trucks.
Brianna modeling the shirt she made!

"I'm Gonna Marry Nick Jonas..."

"He Just Doesn't Know It Yet!"
The shirt Brianna made for me.
"Nick's Future Mother-In-Law"

Our view of the stage.

Here they are!! The Jonas Brothers!

Nick - Brianna's favorite!
Nick playing piano..

Nick on drums..
Kevin and Joe spraying the audience with foam..

This is how Brianna looked most of the night!

Curtain call..
The concert is over but our ears are still ringing!!!

4 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Hi Robin,

First, I want to tell you how sorry I am for your family's loss. I'm still getting caught up on all my bloggy friends after my trip, but I wanted to express my sympathy...she sounds like she was a special woman!

For this post, I love the photos from the concert...too cute...it sounds like you had a GREAT time!!

Hugs friend!

trina said...

Hudson is loving your pictures. The social worker asked him if he liked Mickey Mouse and he said that he said he LOVED the Jonas Brothers. He plays his pretend guitar with them when they sing. I'm glad you got such great seats.

Burshek Family said...

So glad that you had such a fun time! Cute shirts!!!

Sarah said...

Oops! I made a comment under my friend's name (Burshek Family) earlier!

Blessings,
Sarah