Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It is Thankful Thursday time again. This Thursday I am thankful for:


~All of you! Thank you to all of you who lifted our family in prayer last week. Thank you for your prayers of safe travel and for peace for our hearts. We left our house last Tuesday and met our Georgia family in Nashville. From there we traveled together through the night and arrived in Kearney, Nebraska around 1:00 Wednesday afternoon ( 20 hours later!).


~For family! This past week was the first time all of Gary's brothers and sister had been together since 1997. It was way too long but it was great to reconnect with all of them and with extended family that drove or flew in from around the country.



The Siblings - Marcia, Wayne, Gordon, and Gary
Gary and I, Gordon and Kathy, Myron, Wayne and Teresa, Marcia and Andrew
The entire gang!


~Cousins! All of the cousins were together except for Ryan, who was in summer school at Michigan State. We missed you Ryan. It was great to see them interact and hear them talk and laugh together. They spent hours outside hanging out together!


The cousins before the water fight started!Nathan and Claire.
Claire loved "boy". We tried to teach her a sign name for Nathan but she insisted on calling him "boy"!
Brianna and the Georgia girls!
Michaela, Nathan, and Mallory
The cousins all cleaned up pretty good!


~Grandma Evalyn! I am thankful that we have the assurance that she is in pain no longer and she is breathing free without the help of oxygen! I am thankful that we will see her again! I am thankful that Claire seems to understand that Grandma went bye bye and was with Jesus. It was heartbreaking when we first arrived in Kearney. Claire searched the house looking for Grandma and was asking everyone where she was. We told her that she was with Jesus. After that, every time Claire saw a picture of Grandma she would sign bye bye and Jesus. I am thankful for Nicholas reminding us all of what Grandma always said to us when we were leaving. I will close with those words "hugs are always good!" Evalyn, we will miss your hugs but we will carry on your legacy until we see you again!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, thank you for sharing your Nebraska time with us. I got tears in my eyes as I read your post and looked at pictures. We will continue to pray for you all as you grieve but also as you continue to remember the life of Evalyn. We love and miss you guys.
Love,
Jeni & George Gracia and Naomi

Sarah said...

Oh, how Claire loved her Grandma! She's singing and dancing with Jesus today!

trina said...

Robin, what a sweet post. I'm glad you had great family time and could celebrate her life and memories. Hugs. I miss you all.
trina

Waitingfaithfully said...

Beautiful post friend, for a beautiful lady. Love the pictures of your precious family, and of Claire and "boy". So thankful that Claire was able to undersatand where Grandma is, that was one of my specific prayers. Thank you Lord, for giving Claire understanding.

Praying for peace and healing hearts for all of you in the days ahead. Lifting Gary's dad up as well.

Love from Texas~

Tina

sierrasmom said...

I am catching up with posts. I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Kathie