Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catching up..

Wow, where has the year gone already? I can't believe that it is May. We move again in 2 short months! Aagghhh! We have moved so many times before that we should be used to the chaos that goes along with it. However, you tend to block it out once you are settled until it is time to move again. With this move we are really trying to simplify and get rid of a lot of things. Which means going through each room of the house and deciding what stays and what goes, what will we donate, what will we try to sell, etc. We try to do this on the weekends since during the week it is too crazy with school and work schedules. We haven't gotten a lot done yet but I'm confident it will get done before the packers come!

I thought today I would catch up on some pictures from April that I haven't taken the time to post yet.

The first picture is of Brianna at the Regional Honor Band Concert. Area schools had Honor Band tryouts and the top students were selected to participate in the Honor Band. They spent one day with the kids from all the different schools learning the songs and then that night they put on a concert. We were so proud of Brianna, she was the 3rd chair for the flutes in the concert band! We took this picture from the balcony before the concert started. She is in pink in the front row!


The next pictures are from my birthday. I was surprised with a cake and a pink boa. I thought we were going to our "adopted" parent's house to play cards and fellowship but when I walked in they had a cake and were singing to me. How sweet is that? Boy, am I going to miss them when we move. Yes, the cake says Go Big Red, I am a big football fan and they know that about me (and no the candles don't indicate how old I am!).


These were taken after the kids and Gary had given me my birthday presents. We waited a day after my birthday because Brianna was gone the day of my birthday at a youth retreat. We had just gotten home from evening AWANA. They got me some beautiful jewelry from James Avery. I love it!!!


These pictures are of our Easter basket fun. We did Easter baskets before we hit the road to Nebraska. We left Good Friday for Nebraska and didn't know when we would be home so we gave the kids their baskets early. We did an Easter egg hunt when we got home but I didn't get any pictures of that. We love to give the kids gifts but the most important gift we can give them is an understanding of Easter and why we celebrate it.
Here, Claire is checking out her new pink basketball. This girl loves basketball. I have got to post video of her dribbling the basketball. I am amazed at her ability at 3 years old!

Hunter was so excited for some more LEGOS!

Nicholas wanted LEGOS too and he had it built in record time!

Brianna got HSM 3 on video and new jammies. Sounds like the makings for a movie night!
These last pictures are from Nebraska. Claire got to color Easter eggs for the first time at Grandma's house. She loved it! She showed such concentration! She also loved eating them later. Have I told you that we have an egg eater? She will eat them here or there, she will eat them anywhere!




Well, this post became much longer than I intended. I guess that is what happens when I don't post in awhile! I'll try to keep up to date better but with the upcoming move, end of school, etc, etc. no promises!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

What??! You're moving??!! Hoping not far!!

Blessings,
Jenn

Mom Of Many said...

Okay, so you are moving? HOpefully closer to Colorado - or maybe to Colorado?? That would be stinkin' awesome!!

Packing is a drag and we have tried to simplify and simplify and simplify...but nothing works like your house being destroyed by fire. It really takes "Simplify" to a whole new level...(I am attempting to be funny, cause it still is really agonizing.)

Anyway, the pictures are great and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Let us know where you're headed, will ya?? xo

Sarah said...

The pictures of each of the kids are very cute! I love the egg coloring photos.

I don't envy your moving soon!

Blessings,
Sarah

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Thanks for the big update and all the wonderful photos! I'd love to see that video of Claire and the basketball. We have a bday gift for Claire and I'll probably go ahead and send it before you pack out. We're still thinking we will try to get back to the US space A at the start of the summer, hopefully before you move so all our girls can meet and play!
Love,
Melissa

trina said...

We have moved several times and it's just no fun. I'm sure you are a pro at it. yes, you must tell us where you are moving...huh. :)
trina

Waitingfaithfully said...

Can we stop talking about the . . . booooooooo . . . hoooooo . . . . hooooooo, move already? Everyone wants you to move closer to them, and I want you to stay by ME! If you absolutely have to go, can we be adopted by your "adopted" parents for our last year here? That would be great!

Love all of the pictures and CONGRATS to Brianna on Honors Band, way to go!!

Thanks for listening yesterday!

Love you,

Tina