Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Three Days and Counting

We're down to 3 days before Robin and Brianna get home!  Yippee, Jesus!  Grandma helped Claire and Caleb build paper chains to count down the days until Mommy and Brianna get home.  Each morning they get up, and tear off one "link" from the chains.


Received an email from Robin today.  They both have had another couple of eventful days. 

"It is Tuesday afternoon.  We spent the day at another orphanage..Oasis of Life.  They are packed with children from babies to teenagers.  We took all the clothes we brought to them [one large suitcase full]. The team spent the day cleaning and painting and hanging mosquito nets.  They have 3 or 4 kids per bed and sometimes they don't eat for days.  We used some of our team costs money to stock their pantry.  When we pulled up they cheered and about mobbed us.  One little girl said, "I know God is real now, we have been praying for help and you came."  A 12 year old girl named Angel drew me pictures and asked me to be her mother.  Wow, wasn't ready for that one.  I am saving her drawings and her notes so you can see them.  I hugged her before we left and told her I would pray for her and that I wouldn't forget about her.  We then came back and went to the baby home for the 2nd time today.  We are going tonight to a Perfect Injustice to throw a party for the boys. Seeing the Nile yesterday was awesome.  I put my hand in so I can say I was in "de nile"!!!  Brianna held a little girl today who just looked sad the whole time we were there.  Brianna rocked her to sleep and then feed her.  The little girl peed on her and Brianna just sat there and loved on her anyway.  I was puked on today too. Fun day!!!"

Pretty cool and sad at the same time.  I'm so glad that they are there to love on those kids and to let those children know that God loves them.  I ask that you please lift up some special prayers for Angel and the little girl Brianna snuggled with.  So many children that just want some attention and loving.  I can't wait to hear all the stories of how God has worked through them.

The rest of the family here is doing well.  Just looking forward to Friday.  Love to you all!  Gary

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Gary, thanks for sharing stories from Brianna and Robin's trip. I know you all will be happy to see each other on Friday. I will be praying for their safe trip home. God Bless!
Marsha