Tuesday, June 28, 2011

20 years!!!

Brianna and I have been home from Uganda for over a week now and I am ready to start blogging about our experiences.  However, before I do that I need to blog about the occasion Gary and I celebrated last Wednesday, June 22.  We celebrated 20 years of marriage!  I can't believe it!  You know I didn't feel old turning 40 but celebrating 20 years of marriage made me feel really old.  Only old people have been married that long, right?  In honor of our 20 years of marriage, I am going to countdown 20 reasons I am thankful for Gary:
20.  Gary will eat anything...every wife's dream
19.  Gary makes me laugh everyday
18.  Gary loves to watch sports with me
17.  Gary is known as Mr. Smiley at work
16.  Gary will watch reality TV with me
15.  Gary does not have to dominate the remote control
14.  Gary teaches the teenagers how to drive
13.  Gary makes me feel safe during storms
12.  Gary will look at all the pictures of orphans I show him and not roll his eyes
11.  Gary never raises his voice at me
10.  Gary is my best friend
09.  Gary knows that there is no such thing as normal at our house
08.  Gary is just as crazy as I am
07.  Gary listens as I talk and talk
06.  Gary is my encourager
05.  Gary is a great daddy
04.  Gary is a hard worker and provider
03.  Gary is my help mate
02.  Gary shares the same heart for orphans as me
And the #1 reason I am thankful for Gary
01.  Gary is a man of God and leader of our house

Gary and I last July
Before one of the many formals we attend
Mother's day...me and my honey
Happy Anniversary, Gary.  I love you!

2 comments:

Mom to 5 bugs said...

20 years--WOW! What a blessing from God! Congratulations and wishes for many many more years! Can't WAIT to hear about your trip!

trina said...

We hit 21 this year! I used to think people were old that had been married that long. I relate. I have not been on blogger much and catching up. Looking forward to your Uganda stories. Love the pic on facebook of you holding the cute little baby. :) Did you bring home any "kittens"? haha