Monday, September 6, 2010

My special Labor Day 10 years ago!

This weekend we have been celebrating Hunter! 

Ten years ago, God blessed me with a beautiful baby boy!  We lived in Colorado Springs at the time and I really wanted to go to their annual hot air balloon lift off.  Every Labor Day, hot air balloons lift off from downtown Colorado Springs and fill the sky with color.  We had already gone to the balloon glow the night before and we planned on going to the lift off in the morning.  Little did I know that God (and Hunter) had other plans!  At 4:05AM, September 4, 2000~ Labor Day morning Hunter entered the world!  But guess what, God knew the desire of my heart and as the sun came up we opened the curtains in my hospital room and you know what we saw?  Yep, the sky was full of hot air balloons!  The hospital was just up the road from the park and our room faced that direction!  Not only did I have a new baby but I still got to enjoy the hot air balloons from my hospital room!  Another thing about Hunter's arrival, I had been telling people for months that I would have him on Labor Day even though that was a few weeks before my due date.  I just thought it would be so stinkin fun to have a baby on Labor Day!  It gives me a whole new meaning of Labor Day!  Again, God blessed me with my heart's desire and brought Hunter into the world!  I wish I wasn't having computer issues because I would love to share some pictures from that day 10 years ago.  I have an entire page in his baby book of the balloons outside the window!

Hunter opening his presents!  Yes, he got highlights.  He had been begging me to highlight his hair!
We celebrated his birthday at Chilis!

Happy birthday, Hunter!  I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember that day so well. What a cute baby you were and what a handsome young man you are know. Hope you had a great b-day. Wish we could of been there to celebrate with you!! Love you, Aunt Pam

Serving the King said...

Awww, a baby on Labor Day?!!!! Way cool!! Happy Birthday Hunter! You have one very special family!!!