Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

~The time that Gary's dad has spent with us! He is making his "relative" tour of the country and we are so glad he finally made it to our neck of the woods!

~That Claire is getting to know her grandpa better. I love that in the evening she will crawl up on the couch next to him and play her game or just watch TV with him. It is pure sweetness to this momma and I think grandpa thinks so too!


~I loved looking outside today and see grandpa and granddaughter riding bikes together in the cul-de-sac. Not bad bike riding skills for an 81 year old!


~That grandpa hung out at the mall with the big kids while we took Claire to her speech class. It was a fun time for all of them!


~The crazy, silly things that Claire does. She was playing quietly in the living room (which isn't always a good sign) and when we went to check on her this is what we found! She was being very creative with her k-nex.

~That basketball season is in full swing. We have 3 playing right now so Saturdays are spent travelling back and forth to the gym. I love watching my kids compete in sports. I love the life lessons and character lessons that sports can teach them.

~For my crock pot! Like I said basketball season is in full swing. I love coming home to dinner all ready for us after a long day of basketball!

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for this week. What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

sierrasmom said...

Love that picture of Claire and Grandpa!!! Thanks for the comments. Actually people started telling me even before we got her tht she looked like me. Then the flight attendant on the flight home asked if she was adopted. She said she wasn't sure because she looked so much like me. Its funny, she stands and walks like me..has since we got her...everyone notices it.... only God!!!!

Mom Of Many said...

I'm thankful for:

Military families who sacrifice daily.

Little girls who are silly and take such adorable pictures.

That we are in our new home.


Wireless internet.

Husbands who have Friday off.

Friends, whom we have never met, who share life with us from afar...


Blessed by you and your family...xo

Anonymous said...

We love that Grandpa too. We miss him. Cannot wait till we see the gang play B- Ball Saturday. We love you and cannot wait to for the next 3 weekend.


Family from Georgia