Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Milestone..

Well, we have reached another milestone on our parenting journey. Our first born, Brianna, just got her learners permit today. She passed the test on her first try and was super happy. Now comes the fun part of teaching her to drive. Is it okay if I let Gary take the lead in this? Not that I couldn't do a great job but I still want to pretend she isn't growing up and that she is still my little girl. Parenting is so hard. I am so proud of her but sad at the same time. Where did the years go?

Brianna posing outside the building after getting her permit..

She is so happy...
Celebrating with Starbucks...

Claire wanted to celebrate with a cherry icee..


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brianna. I am with your mom though, I still want to pretend that you are the little girl that used to call me aunt lamb. Love ya all. Aunt Pam

sierrasmom said...

Congratulations!!! ( I think ) Not my favorite part of parenting. It makes me so nervous...not the kids but all the other drivers!!! Uhhhh....Don't listen to me!!!
Kathie

Waitingfaithfully said...

Congrats Brianna! Time to celebrate indeed!

Oh Robin, the first driver, that's a big one . . . as is the second driver . . . the third driver. Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not much encouragement in the driving department--or in the "growing up" department. Like you said, "It's hard." On a positive note, soon you will have someone to happily run errands for you. Happily being the key word! :) There is a good side to having another driver in the house!

Hold on tight! :)

On a side note, praying for USCIS to step up to the plate and get the job done!

Love you~

Tina

Sharla M. said...

I definitely vote for letting the dads take the lead! Zack has had his permit since July and I still stomp on the imaginary break... You know the one that they forgot to install on the passenger side!! And the door grips, they have my hand print permanently molded into them!

We are just not old enough for this (and neither are they!)...

Hugs!
Sharla