Thursday, November 3, 2011

National Adoption month continued...

You know by us adopting we are not changing the world but we are changing the world for 1, 2 even 3 children.  In my last post, I posted the video that we made of our first year with Claire.  She loves to look at pictures of herself so I invited her over to take a look at the video.  When it started, she immediately became upset and wanted to leave.  If you watched the video then you know the first couple of pictures are of her at her orphanage.  However, as soon as the pictures changed to us in China getting her she immediately changed.  She cheered and wrapped her arms around my neck and squeezed.  Friends, Claire has been home for over 3 years and she still cannot bear to look at pictures from her time at the orphanage nor does she want to talk about it.  So even though we are not changing the world, we changed her world.

Our adoption journeys have also opened my eyes more to my adoption.  God has lovingly opened his arms and invited me to come to Him and now I am an heir; a child of His.  Oh, how I cheer and long to wrap my arms around His neck!

And, "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughers, says the Lord Almighty."
2 Corinthians 6:18

No comments: