Monday, July 25, 2011

Celebrating Claire

This past week we celebrated Claire!  On July 20, Claire turned 6 and on July 21 we celebrated her 3rd "gotcha day".  Where has the time gone?  It seems like she has always been a part of our family and yet it has only been 3 short years.  Amazing how time just goes by when you are busy living life and keeping up with 5 kids!!  
What is significant about this gotcha day?  We can finally say that Claire has been with us longer than she lived in the orphanage!  We have been waiting for this day.  I'm not sure why this was a big deal to me but it really was.  I can never get back those 3 years we missed with her but knowing that we have forever with her makes it easier to accept.  Thank you, Jesus!!
           Claire's referral picture                                                           Claire today











Can you see the difference?  I see it in her eyes..her eyes are now full of life, love and hope.





Claire was so excited about her birthday.  She talked about it non stop for the entire month of July!  We showed her on the calendar over and over again when her birthday was and when her party was...that satisfied her for a little while and then the birthday questions would start all over again!  Every time we were at the store she would point out things that she hoped to get for her birthday.  So needless to say, she was beyond thrilled when she woke up on her birthday and found her chair decorated!

The crazy girl wanted her favorite chips and dip for breakfast.  Believe me, I offered to make her eggs, toast, or cereal but she only wanted the chip and dip.  Only because it was her birthday I let her have it.  My dear "fb" friends made me feel better telling me it looked like grains and dairy so it was all healthy!

For lunch she had her favorite noodles!  Claire and I went on a mommy - daughter date later in the day and we had our nails done.  She loves to have her nails painted so I decided to pamper her a little bit!

For dinner she got to choose what we had.  She picked McDon*lds...she loves the chicken and apples!
Daddy's girl
 A nice gentleman came over and offered to take our picture..however Claire did not want to stop eating for a photo op!
Our girl loves gymnastics so we had a gymnastics birthday party for her.  Here she is in her new leotard that she got for her birthday.
 Doing a hand stand...which she does constantly I might add!
 Climbing out of the foam pit at her party!
Claire and her friend Lexie

 Gracie, Sarah and Claire just hanging around!
 The gang!
 The party goers....minus a few that had to leave early
 On the bars!

I think our girl enjoyed her day, what do you think?


I promise I will finish my Uganda stories soon....

No comments: