Monday, July 13, 2009

Greetings from Al*bama...

Well, we are slowly getting settled in our new house and new location. What a few weeks it has been. We are bone tired and ready to be settled. We decided to move ourselves this time and boy what an adventure that has been! But, God is good and He has seen us through. Everything arrived safely and in one piece, which we weren't sure for awhile was going to happen. We would be happy to share our whole long drawn out drama over some St*rbucks! Part of our moving drama included a new tenant in our house in Texas that wanted us out before we were ready. Of course, the new tenant moved in about 10:30PM when we were trying to clean the house for our 9:00AM final walk through.

Here is the new tenant ~ a 4 ft long King snake (we think that is what it was)
The kids were playing outside and saw it go in the outside dryer vent which of course was open to the laundry room because the dryer was on the moving truck. Again, God is good, He made sure I was out the house when it went from the laundry room through the kitchen out into our sunroom. I have an unhealthy fear of snakes and it is killing me to even put this picture on the blog but I promised my family I would post a picture on the blog for them. Thank goodness for the p*lice that came to the house and "took care" of the snake! Gary was willing to let the snake have the house, since we were done with it! He took pity on me and my terrified face and called for reinforcements! It turned into quite the neighborhood spetical as they all came over with their cameras and cell phones. I had my neighbor take the picture with my camera because I wasn't going to get that close to it! Well, we have more boxes to unpack. I will try to update more later once we get internet connection at home (we are at the local bookstore!).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating your blog. Glad to finally get to see the picture of your unwanted guest. He doesn't look that bad, in pictures that is, I would have had to make a trip to the ER I am pretty sure if he was in my house. Happy unpacking, wish I could be there to help.
Love ya all,
Pam

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Oh, dear, Robin! I remember when a similar tenant moved into your shed, was it last summer?
I'm so glad that you were already moved out of the house. Hope the moving in is going well.
Let's stay in touch about the home schooling. I'm teaching JuneBug in History, Lang Arts, and PE for 8th grade. The school just can't provide for him.

Sarah said...

So glad that the biggest part of your move is done. Now, for all of the unpacking!!

We're actually moving too! But we'll just be 3 block away from where we are now. Still a lot of packing, though!

Glad you got the snake!!!

Blessings,
Sarah

Jenny Mosier said...

EWWWW!!!! I don't consider myself that squeamish, but that's ONE HUGE SNAKE!!!

Glad you're all moved & hopefully will be settled soon! We have to come visit, so we can teach Abbie & Claire all about Baby Eyeball!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Eeeeeewe! I'm not liking the picture, especially since I'm still living in Mr. Snake's neighborhood. R.I.P. Mr. Snake . . . and I hope that you don't have any brothers or sisters still slithering on our street!

Happy to hear that you guys are getting settled. We sure do miss you. Get some rest!

Love from Texas~

Tina and all

sierrasmom said...

I'm glad you are getting settled! I hope your "friend " did not climb in one of your boxes and go with you!!!
Kathie

Margaret M said...

Hope things are not as adventurous at your new house! Thinking of you and hoping the chaos will decrease for you!