Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This thankful Thursday I am thankful for:


~You guessed it - SLEEP! I've shared before how Claire has really struggled with sleeping especially since the move. Well, we have had a breakthrough!! We started about 3 weeks ago really working on getting her to fall asleep in her own room. We would put her to bed and tell her we would be back in 5 minutes to check on her. After 5 minutes, if she was still upset or awake we would go in rub her back, give her another kiss and tell her we will be back in 5 minutes. The first night we tried it this went on for 1 1/2 hours before she finally gave into sleep. The next night, only 45 minutes. The next night, only 15 minutes. Well, this week when we tell her it is time she happily walks into her room and gets in bed and goes right to sleep. One night she even told us she was going to bed and she got in bed by herself!! Now, she still isn't sleeping through the night but we are making progress in the right direction!!

~Football season! Yes, I love football. This is my favorite time of year! Nothing beats watching a football game in crisp, cool fall weather! I love that Claire loves football too. We drove by a stadium one night and the lights were on and she asked if we could go in and sit! That's my girl! I just have to mention that my Denver Broncos are 6-0 right now!!
Here, Claire is cheering for the Huskers. Go Big Red!


~Uncle Wayne! I am thankful that we live for the first time close to family and we get to spend time with them over long weekends. Claire loves her Uncle Wayne and it has been fun to watch her become close to all of the Georgia gang!



What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

~Homeschool volleyball! I am so thankful that we found a homeschool volleyball team for Brianna. This team was just awesome to watch. They always had the best attitude and could smile and laugh even after just losing the game. Many parents and coaches from the other teams always commented on their attitude. I think that is a testimony to these girls that they always let their light shine for Christ.



What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Thank you Jesus for sleep!! So happy that you are making progress. Love the pics of Claire and Uncle Wayne. So happy that Brianna found a great group of girls to play volleyball with. Great blessings!

I'm thankful for our blogs, so that I can keep up with you-- when I'm missing you much.

Love you friend!

Tina

P. S. Finally meeting Jenn tomorrow for lunch, and will get to meet her Karleigh Mei for the first time!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!!! I'm thankful with you regarding your thankful list!!! Glad progress is being made with Clair and Brianna's Volleyball team sounds like such a blessing - Yeah!!

Have a great day.

with lots of love,
Jeni