Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday..(what, it's just a few days late!)

Can I just say right up front that I am tired of looking at moving boxes?! Ok, thank you I needed to say that! Despite the moving chaos at our house I still have a lot to be thankful for. I am constantly thinking about everything I have to be thankful for but just haven't had time for posting on the computer.
I am thankful for:

~moving boxes~I know I just said that I am tired of looking at them but I am still thankful for them because that means my husband has a job and we are moving together as a family. This move also gives my husband a chance to advance his career. Some families get separated by year long unaccompanied deployments so I am thankful we are moving together as a family!

~my anniversary~Gary and I celebrated 18 years of marriage on Monday! I can't believe it has been 18 years already, I don't look a day over 20! We celebrated at The Melting Pot. It was so yummy and very romantic. I gotta tell you I just love this man of mine! I can't wait to see what our next 18 years will bring us or where it will bring us (this will be our 10th move in 18 years!).



Gary and I at The Melting Pot! The flowers waiting on our table at the restaurant!

~our church family~We have been so blessed by our church family. They are such loving, nonjudgmental, helpful, hands and feet of Christ. I know as Christians aren't we all supposed to be like that? The answer is yes, but this church just embodies what it means to be a Christian unlike any other. Our church motto is A Passion for Christ and A Compassion for People and they certainly live that way. The hardest part of moving is leaving our church and this will be true here too.

~fast cars~I'm not really too thankful for them because I don't like to go fast but my kids think it is fun. I am thankful that they had the fun opportunity to ride in a Viper. A gentleman (Jim) from church offered rides for the annual VBS fundraiser auction. We signed up for all of the kids to ride (except Claire, Viper's aren't car seat friendly!). The had a blast and thought it was cool riding in the fancy sports car!

Brianna enjoying her ride!




Nicholas' turn!





Hunter is thinking "no pictures, I've got the need for speed!"

Claire got to sit in the car. That made her happy!

The Viper. Nice, huh!?
We have just over a week left before we move. I may try to post but if not I will let you know when we have made it to our next stop on this crazy ride we call our lives. Please pray for us during this hectic time. Thanks! I can't wait to hear what y'all are thankful for!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Praying for you!

Blessings,
Sarah

trina said...

Can't wait to find out where you are moving to. AND more details about little guy.