Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

~Claire's adjustment to kindergarten.  You know as a mom, I worry.  I know crazy but I wondered would the kids in her class accept her. Would they see her for the fun-loving, goofy girl that we all love or would they see her as different?  Would they see her as the girl that does sign language and not want to be her friend?  Well, I am thankful for her adjustment and for her new friends. 

~I am thankful for the scene I witnessed at the fall festival at school.  We walked up to the school and there were a lot of kids already there playing games.  Suddenly, I hear several little girls yell "Claire!" and they run up and wrap their arms around her.  Then one of the little girls goes on to tell me that she has a sign language book so she can learn to talk to Claire.  Boy, did this do this mom's heart good to witness this scene.  Thank you, Lord, for letting me see this window into my precious girl's day at school!
Claire and her class on a recent field trip

~Pumpkin patches! I love going to the pumpkin patch in the fall. I love the crisp air and enjoying the outdoors.  The patch that we went to has rides, goats, and pig races just to name a few things!

Claire is on the swing going backward
 Caleb was more interested in the hay than in the pig races!
 Grace, Hunter, Ryan, Brianna, Caleb, Nicholas, Claire and Abby
 Caleb feeding the goats (he called them cows!)
 Claire feeding the goats

 Claire enjoying the airplane ride!
 Caleb waves at everyone while going around and around!
 My blessings!
 Our gang!
 Claire!
 Caleb!

~For husbands who will take time off of work to go on a field trip with his favorite kindergartener!
 Gary and Claire
 How about this one, Dad?
 Nope, this is the one!
 At home ready to decorate it!
 All done!  Claire is proud of her monster!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Serving the King said...

Awww so sweet! Looks like such fun and praise the Lord for Claire's great adjustment! Looks like you guys are loving it there!! Yay! We may be joining you in a few more months, who knows! Blessings friend!

sierrasmom said...

Wow what a fun day!!! I love the decorated pumpkin!!!
Kathie