Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

~Making it through almost 2 weeks of home school!

~That we found a home school band for Brianna and Nicholas to continue with their music.

~Brianna's American Government class! I love finding her working on her government class with her Bible in her lap as she looks up verses about what the Bible has to say about government and laws.

~I love that one of the books that is sitting with Nicholas' school work is his Bible!

~Watching Hunter as he is gaining confidence with his school work.

~We have a speech evaluation in Birmingham tomorrow for Claire. I am thankful that we are getting closer to finding services for her here in Alabama.

~And finally I am thankful for tornado sirens. I know that seems random with everything else that I have listed this week. Well, yesterday the local sirens went off twice. I am thankful for the sirens that warn us of possible danger so we can seek shelter. I am thankful that the sirens give Nicholas a chance to trust God to protect us. He did get worked up yesterday but he is learning to relax and turn his worry over to God. You are never to young to learn that lesson.

2 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

So thankful that school is going well and giving you many things to be thankful about! :)

Happy that you are close to having something for your Claire girl too!!

Miss you and love you~

Tina

Now I need to see if I can get my TT post in under the wire!

trina said...

That is the best part of homeschooling...learning the Bible in every lesson. I learn a lot,too. :)