Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Ok, this is my first attempt at a Thankful Thursday post. I am inspired by a friend who started posting Thankful Thursday posts and continued to do so even after losing their home in a fire. I thought, if she can post about what she is thankful for after what she has been through then I can to. So here goes.

I am thankful for:
1. My relationship with Christ. I have been saved by grace and for that I am thankful and humbled.
2. My dear sweet husband, who is my best friend. I am so thankful that God gave him the same heart for orphans as I have.


3. My oldest daughter, Brianna. With her my dreams of being a mother came true. Growing up people always asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?" in the deep places of my heart I knew I just wanted to be a mom. What joy she has brought to me as a mom.


4. My oldest son, Nicholas. What a tender hearted child he is and not to mention super smart. I tease him that he is going to live with his mama forever. :)


5. My youngest son, Hunter. This is our miracle baby. He has undergone 3 surgeries and still lives with kidney disease. Doctors tell us all the time that kidneys that look like his shouldn't work but thanks to our miracle working God they do!


6. My youngest daughter, Claire. Another miracle brought to us from God. Only God could have orchestrated bringing her into our lives. She is a perfect fit for us and she brings so much laughter to our home.


Ok, this list is getting kind of heavy and making me weepy. Tears of thankfulness no doubt! Anyway, I will continue.
7. Chocolate - the perfect compliment to any meal!
8. My slippers - I wear my slippers all day long at home. I do not like to have cold feet!
9. My books - I love reading anything by Karen Kingsbury. I have read 3 of her books this month alone.
10. Sunshine - Sun is streaming in on me as I type and it makes me smile.

That is a portion of what I am thankful for. There is much, much more but they will have to wait for another post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen on the chocolate and the slippers! I wish I could be thankful for sunshine on me right now!! I've just come in from shoveling snow for an hour and it's still snowing hard. By an hour from now, it won't look like I ever went out and shoveled! Send us some sun this way please! (:
Melissa

Sarah said...

Sounds like some beautiful things to be thankful for!
Blessings,
Sarah

Waitingfaithfully said...

Okay, now I'm weepy too . . . what a beautiful post! So much to be thankful for!

I am thankful that we are friends--and neighbors!!

Love,

Tina

Mom Of Many said...

I LOVE your first Thankful Thursday post!! YOu have slippers on yours and I put them on mine this week - go figure! I love my feet to be warm and go crazy when they are cold....and I just bought another KK book yesterday. I love her stuff, although I have only read part of the Redemption series (because the rest were destroyed in the fire). Doesn't she just make you feel like you are right there? I found myself praying for the Baxter family - LOL!

Anyway, I am thankful for you! xo
Love, Linn