Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where we are at right now...

I have thought this post over in my head many times trying to figure out what just to say but no eloquent words came so here is what my heart is saying.  Gary and I are going to adopt again.  There I said it.  I know many of you won't understand why when we have 5 great kids already and our van is full and our schedule is full and we don't have the money and and and....  Believe me, those things have been brought up and talked about many times but that does not change the fact that God is calling us and we must be obedient.  Why God is calling us again I don't know but who am I to question his plan for us and for our future daughter.  Yes, daughter!  We have someone in mind but we have not been matched so nothing is official but trust me she is beautiful.  She is in China waiting for it to finally be her turn to get a family.  However, we lack the funds needed to complete an adoption.  This is our 3rd adoption in as many years and we just don't have extra money laying around; oh how I wish we did!  We are trusting God to provide and we pray that it will be obvious to everyone who hears our story that it was truly God who came up big in all of this!  We have started cleaning house and selling our treasures.  Our mind set is why keep things that just collect dust when we could raise the ransom needed to bring our girl home.  While the kids are gone I go through the house and snatch things up and take pictures of it and post it for sale.  Our next fundraiser idea is this beautiful puzzle.
Isn't this beautiful?  This is a 1000 piece puzzle that is almost 2ft by 3ft.  Would you consider sponsoring a piece or 2 or 3?  Just $5 a piece.  Once a piece is sponsored we will write your name on the back of the piece.  Or if you sponsor 5 pieces for your family, we will write each family member on a piece.  You can use the Chip-In button on the side of the blog if you would like.  Once all the pieces are sponsored we will put the puzzle together and have it framed with glass all around and hang it in her room.  This will forever be a reminder of those that came together to love her home and be a part of her journey.  We would appreciate it too if you helped to spread the word of our fundraiser.  This is a hard post to write because it is hard to be vulnerable and put yourself out there and ask for help but I really felt God telling me this morning that it is time because she is waiting and time is of the essence.  I am forever grateful for all of you!

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do right; seek justice.  Defend the oppressed.  Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. 

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Exciting news!!! Praying for you!!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Woooooohoooooo! Count us in on helping you bring your newest daughter home!

I am soooo excited! Oh my! Did I already say I am soooooo excited!

Teddi just walked up behind me and saw your pictures, she said, "Tell her I said hello to Claire"! I shared your news with her and got a smiling gasp!

Rejoicing with you, in Texas!

Love you guys!

Tina

Candy Girl said...

I've been WAITING for this post!!! So very, very, very excited to watch this journey unfold for your family and your daughter! God will provide - He always does! Prayers for the Haines sisters (and the rest of the family)!!!

Laura said...

Robin, that is awesome news! You are an inspiration to me. We too plan to adopt again soon but are worried about the expense...although ours would be a fraction of yours since we'll be doing a domestic adoption. I will definitely spread the word about your fundraiser! Blessings!

Brittany Leverett said...

Much Blessings to you and your family!!! :o)

Mom to 5 bugs said...

YEAH!!! So thrilled to hear that!! (:
Can't wait to see all the details (can you email me?!?!?)
Love,
M

Kippy Arcara said...

So happy for you all! I have been expecting this kind of announcement for a while and am so happy to hear of your obedience! God will bless that! And, yes, it will be our pleasure to help! Love you guys!

Staci said...

Robin, I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to follow your journey to bring her home!!

Abby said...

How exciting!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!!! I will be praying that God provides the funds needed and quickly so you can bring your little girl home!!