Thursday, November 18, 2010

Interracial adoption...Brianna's project

You know when I was in high school, I don't think I thought a lot about the issues that impact our world.  Issues like orphans, adoption, or mission trips.  Honestly, those things weren't even on my radar screen.  I am so thankful now that they are but I am most proud that they are issues that concern Brianna.  Brianna was recently assigned a research paper that makes up the majority of her grade in her compostion class.  She chose to write about interracial adoption and the positive impact that it makes in the lives of the children and their families.  As part of that assignment she has to present a 5 minute speech on her topic.  Out of that 5 minutes, 1 minute of it can be a visual presentation.  Brianna decided to create a video to show to the class at the end of her speech.  I hope lives are touched by her talk and video and who knows...maybe a few seeds will be planted?  Here is the 1 minute video that she created.





The really cool thing about the video is that Brianna knows each family that is included!

8 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Great job Brianna, and thanks for including us! What precious families the Lord has made!

I love that adoption is on Brianna's radar screen--and I love the fact that after tomorrow it may be on some other young radar screens as well! Go Brianna!! May the Lord bless your presentation, and may lives in that room be touched as you share, in Jesus name!

Blessings~

Tina

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Wow--great job, Brianna! Thanks for doing a presentation about something that REALLY matters. And thanks for making us "stars" in your video! (:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video Brianna - You made Aunt Pam cry again. I am glad that I personally know 4 of the adopted kids in your video and 2 of them are mine. :) Love you guys. Can't wait to see you in about 1 month. Love you, Aunt Pam

Grandma said...

Two weeks in a row brought tears. God knew I needed those tears. Great job Brianna and Robin!!!

sierrasmom said...

Great job Briana. Thank you choosing such an important topic for your project!!!
Kathie

Kippy said...

Briana, that is so wonderful that you chose this as your topic. Not only did you do a great job with the video, I bet you planted some seeds in the hearts of your classmates who may one day follow in your families footsteps. So proud of you!

Jenny Mosier said...

Brianna: That was BEAUTIFUL! I am SO blessed to be a part of your project. So proud of you, girl!

Love you all!

Jenny

Sharla M. said...

Hi Robin... I'm a little behind on reading blogs! I'm so glad I just caught up! What a blessing!! Thank you for sharing it!

Hugs!