Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

On this cold, rainy Thursday I am thankful for:

~My warm house! (Even if our gas bill is sky high!) I am typically cold by nature and I don't like being cold so I am thankful for my warm house on nights like this one!

~That we could travel to Georgia and watch my niece cheer at her college's basketball game! Being a part of family things like this is a luxury for us. Being milit*ry, we usually live far away from family. We have travelled so much since we got to Alab*ma, we have put 18,000 miles on the van since getting here in July!
Michaela and Claire
Hunter and Michaela
Michaela is holding the "T"
The kids with Michaela after the game
Gary, Michaela and I
Brianna and Mallory at the restaurant after the game
Feeding the starving college girls..
Suzanne, Sarah, Michaela, and Savannah

~That Claire is talking more and listening more! The other day we were leaving the store and she was walking in front of me and I said "Claire, stop" and she turned around and stopped and signed to me and said the word stop. I said "yes, good listening Mommy said stop!"

~That Claire has slept through the night 3 times this week! No middle of the night waking and no coming in our room! In the morning, when she does get up she is so excited and comes and tells me "Claire slept good!" Yes, Claire, you did sleep good!! Yippee!

~I am thankful for bloggy friends like Linny who keep us updated and focused on how we can help the orphan. Click here to read her blog and see how you can pray for the orphan especially those in Uganda right now. There are families right now in Uganda who by the Ugandan courts are the parents of these children but the US Embassy will not issue them visas to bring the children home. These families did everything right, they got immigration approval to bring home an orphan and now the US won't give them a visa. All I can think about is that this could be us. We are waiting for immigration approval to bring an orphan home, Caleb, what if once we got that the US decided not to grant him a visa to come home. We would be devasated just like these families in Uganda are now. Pray that God will change the hearts of those at the US Embassy and that these children will be able to come home.

In this video, Claire is saying baby. Brianna and I came out into the living room carrying the stuff to make a blanket and Claire ran over to the bag and pulled out the fabric and started saying over and over baby, baby. She knew we were making a blanket for baby Noah! Sorry it is so dark! Can't show you pictures of the finished blanket yet just in case Alisha sees this. Sorry, Alisha you have to wait for the baby shower!





What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh my! I am thankful that I just heard your sweet girl TALKING!!!! A LOT!!! Yippee Jesus! Way to go Claire, I am so proud of you!!

Great pictures from your GA trip! It looks like a good time was had by all. So happy that you guys are getting to do "family" stuff.

Praying for your Immigrations approval, and for the situation in Uganda.

Love you and miss you~

Tina

trina said...

Totally amazing,that Clarie. She's so cute!!! Would love to see you all again..soon. :)